DCbuddy - Suunto Zoop

D6 computer Class.. Spy Ware

D6 computer Class.. Spy Ware

Postby penderosa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:45 am

This is most definitely a complaint. I am currently taking the D6 class that I paid for. After viewing the first segment of chapters the prompt came up asking if I wanted to take the corresponding quiz. I was directed to the right of the page where it gives 2 choices. D6 practice site or Download eDiving simulator. I chose to download the simulator and that was a huge mistake. As soon as the process started a prompt came up on my screen alerting me to a Trojan program. Next thing I see is some program called Chromium had been added and a google weather bar. So for the next 40 min I spent my valuable time deleting UNWANTED programs from my computer. Still not sure I got it all.
So here is my very strong complaint. If a client pays for a class they should feel confident that their computer will not be infected with unwanted Spy and Trojan programs. Next the student should not have their valuable time wasted. I paid for a service and in exchange expect a professionally presented product. Not so here!!
penderosa

Re: D6 computer Class.. Spy Ware

Postby eDiver » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 am

penderosa wrote:..... As soon as the process started a prompt came up on my screen alerting me to a Trojan program. Next thing I see is some program called Chromium had been added and a google weather bar. .....!

What link did you use to download our eDiving simulator?
Please note that there out there some companies that re-package our software (and many other software) and offer them for download.
When they repackage the software they insert all types of viruses and trojans.
eDiving should be download ONLY from our site at THIS LINK

penderosa wrote: ...So here is my very strong complaint. If a client pays for a class they should feel confident that their computer will not be infected with unwanted Spy and Trojan programs. Next the student should not have their valuable time wasted. I paid for a service and in exchange expect a professionally presented product. Not so here!!

Our eDiving simulator is clean and has no viruses whatsoever. In fact, we have ~73,000 users that have performed ~172,000 virtual dives with eDiving.
I suspect that you clicked on the wrong download link.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Return to Complaints, Complainers and Thank You Notes