Atmos AI Online Class

Extra dives

Post here your requests for new features you would like to see in the simulator

Extra dives

Postby iamnota » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 pm

You're having a good dive when, suddenly, you get very cold or start to run out of oxygen. Everything was going so well and you are enjoying the sights! Also, your five-star ranking is racking up bubble credits and you would like more.

How about instead of needing to end a dive and start over, there can be places where you can exit the water to warm up and refill your tanks? If you make it in time, you can walk around on a pier, a boat, or the side of a pool depending on where you are. As you stay out of the water, you slowly recover body heat as you fill your tanks (for a fee) and even plan your next dive on a buddy dive.

Be careful, however. Earning even one bubble credit triggers an event in your session...

You can't just stay forever to earn some money, it's not that easy at all. When you enter the water again, you may find out that the water is significantly colder, an armed terrorist has come to put an end to your fun, or a large pack of squids have entered the site. Each extra dive starts another event until it becomes impossible to survive. During this, you have a choice: leave with the money you have collected or stay for more. Keep in mind that when you die, you lose EVERYTHING that you have amassed, including gear you found, and you can't earn anything else after you respawn. After you die in this case, you have the option to respawn with the current dangers and keep adding more after each rest stop or switching to a safe sight-seeing dive.

Maybe there can be "arcade mode?" You can choose dangers to automatically add to your next dive session to see how well you can survive. ...Who put these great whites in the training pool?

No reward is earned for arcade mode.
iamnota

Re: Extra dives

Postby amarshall » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:03 am

Cool, but about the first part...just use the new medical kit. One dose of that and it wipes out your accumulated nitrogen (and helium), it also takes the cold away
If you need help, just PM me (follow the arrow)----->

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."
-Jacques Yves Cousteau
amarshall

Postby eDiver » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:06 am

I think this will play out better if we had an "arcade mode" where:
a) player has to go through a series of pre-defined dives (or levels); from the pool to being a member of a secret elite counter-terrorist underwater demolition team that has to stop some terrorists to blow up the world ;) .... or something like that
b) player could save the game .... and reload it later ... so he/she can start from the last saving point.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby iamnota » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:20 am

amarshall wrote:Cool, but about the first part...just use the new medical kit. One dose of that and it wipes out your accumulated nitrogen (and helium), it also takes the cold away

Really? Wow, I have been gone a long time. :shock:

ediver wrote:a series of pre-defined dives... being a member of a secret elite counter-terrorist underwater demolition team that has to stop some terrorists to blow up the world

Sounds interesting!
iamnota

Postby amarshall » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:24 am

iamnota wrote:
amarshall wrote:Cool, but about the first part...just use the new medical kit. One dose of that and it wipes out your accumulated nitrogen (and helium), it also takes the cold away

Really? Wow, I have been gone a long time. :shock:

Yes, really...it comes with five "doses" and you have to pay for refills UNLESS you have Premium Service
If you need help, just PM me (follow the arrow)----->

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."
-Jacques Yves Cousteau
amarshall

Postby iamnota » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 pm

amarshall wrote:
Yes, really...it comes with five "doses" and you have to pay for refills UNLESS you have Premium Service

Huh, I'll take a look at that. I guess warming up out of the water could be for those who don't have the kit or ran out of doses.

Maybe there can be a dosage vendor...?
iamnota

Return to New Features