Veo 3.0 Online Class

Specialty Courses for model-specific dive computers

General Info

Specialty Courses for model-specific dive computers

Postby eDiver » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 am

Recently, leading certification agencies (PADI and SSI) have approved outlines/manuals for specialty courses for model specific dive computers.

The goal of these specialty courses is to train the student diver to properly use model-specific dive computers when performing recreational dives using air.

Every course contains knowledge development and 1 open water training dive.
The knowledge development session of each course is composed by the related online class for the model-specific dive computer.
At the end of the knowledge development portion of the course, student will receive a certificate of completion to be shown to the Instructor.

The open water dive is the perfect setting for the student to practice with his/her new dive computer under the surveillance of a qualified Instructor.
Student must complete the knowledge development portion of the course AND obtain certificate of completion before he/she can participate in the open water dive.

At the end of the course, student will receive a certification from the certifying agency.

In addition to PADI and SSI, we have initiated collaboration with NASE and, during 2011, we expect other agencies to adopt similar courses.

On the manufacturers front, there are already several outlines/manuals approved for Oceanic and Aeris model-specific dive computers and by early 2011 we anticipate the availability of specialty courses for other manufacturers (Mares, ScubaPro and SubGear).

Contact your local dive store and/or Instructor to enroll in a model-specific dive computer Specialty Course.
Last edited by eDiver on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Re: Specialty Courses for model-specific dive computers

Postby stevemarshall12 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:03 am

I just done taking the Suunto HelO2 Dive Computer Class and had a blast doing so. It is worth the money or BC spent. :D
stevemarshall12

Postby diver1966 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I am interested in taking the Oceanic VT3 online course. I live in TX and do not get to dive as often as I would like. This seems like it would be a great tool for me to do and review before a diving trip to refresh myself. My question is once you purchase and complete the course, are you able to take it again as often as you would like as a refresher without further charge? Thank you.
diver1966

Postby eDiver » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:19 pm

diver1966 wrote:I am interested in taking the Oceanic VT3 online course. I live in TX and do not get to dive as often as I would like. This seems like it would be a great tool for me to do and review before a diving trip to refresh myself. My question is once you purchase and complete the course, are you able to take it again as often as you would like as a refresher without further charge? Thank you.

as explained in the second video of the class .... the class is available for 12 months since enrollment.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby slim182 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I just finished a course: Cressi Leonardo but after finishing I can't get the certificate of compeltition I get this message:

Specialty Course
Congratulations!!
You have completed the Leonardo online class.
You will be able to review this class for 12 months since the enrollment date.
Let us know what you think about this class; post a comment on the Leonardo forum
This online class fulfills the requirements of the Knowledge Development portion of the:
..... coming soon .....
Click on the button below to obtain a Certificate of Completion
..... coming soon .....

and there is no link... how do I get it?
slim182

Postby eDiver » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 pm

slim182 wrote:......
This online class fulfills the requirements of the Knowledge Development portion of the:
..... coming soon .....
Click on the button below to obtain a Certificate of Completion
..... coming soon .....

and there is no link... how do I get it?

"coming soon" means that the Specialty is not yet available.
We expect to have the Leonardo Specialty approved by PADI in September.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby slim182 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks eDiver!
slim182

Postby matthodgkin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi there, I just bought a Suunto D6i, I'm aware that you don't have this model on your online classes..

My question is, which classes should I take that are more similar to my computer?

D4i Novo or the D6

Thanks
matthodgkin

Return to General Info