Zoop Online Class

Nemo 33

List of dive sites; old, new and in progress

Nemo 33

Postby iamnota » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Nemo 33 (located in Brussels, Belgium) is the largest pool in the world, with the deepest point ending at 33 meters. The pool is kept at a temperature of 86 degrees farenhieght (no need for a strong wetsuit! :mrgreen: ) and it even contains simulated caves at 10 meters.

I was thinking that this would be a great training site for different features, such as tech diving along with snorkeling when it comes along. I was also thinking that, since it's massive and good for practice, there could be a version where you could enter a corner of the pool to switch gear. That way you could take an old set of fins and go on a quick dive with them, later returning to get a free tank of oxygen and switching out to the new pair of fins you just bought. Now you can quickly compare your equipment or you could just go on a endless practice dive without any interruptions. This version, of course, would not give any BCs AND the dive would not be logged, so that means no advancing unless you do something for real.

What do you guys think?
iamnota

Re: Nemo 33

Postby eDiver » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I like it!
How do we get info (plans) of the Nemo33?
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby iamnota » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Hmph... Finding plans is proving difficult. I was able to find the official website, but it's in another language at times, so you'll have to find your way around that:

http://www.nemo33.com

Also, keep in mind that the facility is owned by the creator and is copyrighted, so contacting first would be in your best interest.
iamnota

Postby iamnota » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Do you have any ideas on how to get the plans? I think that if you tell the facility what the benefits are, they would be more than happy to send over some plans and such. If not, why not create the simulator's own massive training pool?
iamnota

Postby eDiver » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:52 pm

iamnota wrote:Do you have any ideas on how to get the plans? I think that if you tell the facility what the benefits are, they would be more than happy to send over some plans and such. .....

Best way will be to contact the owner / manager .... but there is contact info on their website.

I noticed that Aqua Lung is a sponsor of Nemo33 .... I will try to get introduced via Aqua Lung
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby iamnota » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Sounds good! Can't wait, either, it seems like a good social place.

Better save up for a dive computer to make it realistic. Nemo33 does not allow anyone in without one. ;)
iamnota

Postby iamnota » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 pm

How's the situation looking so far?
iamnota

Postby eDiver » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

My contact in Aqua Lung is in Europe right now for BOOT show .... he said he is going to talk to the people in charge of NEMO 33 ... will see.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby dysoon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi !
How is this project now ?
I'm going there next month, there may be a map of the pool and i will certainly take some pics and films. If you need some materials to make you an idea of the place i'll got it in my hard drive and be pleased to share :)
dysoon

Postby eDiver » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi,
I had an exchange of email with John Beernaerts (the Managing Director of NEMO33) ..... but he seemed not interested ... and did not give us any info whatsoever :?

So ... the project is ... on hold.

Maybe when you go there you could go and talk to him?
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Next

Return to Virtual Dive Sites