List of dive sites; old, new and in progress

Re: Emergence du Ressel - cave dive

Postby sauerkraut » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:01 pm

so..

any prize for being the first one to the bottom using nitrox? :D
sauerkraut

Postby dv » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:45 pm

I want to try this, but know nothing about trimix. how do I equip my diver properly, and when do I switch gases?

Would appreciate any help.
dv

Postby eDiver » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:19 pm

dv wrote:I want to try this, but know nothing about trimix. how do I equip my diver properly, and when do I switch gases?....

Are you a diver in real life?
Are you familiar with Nitrogen narcosis, Oxygen toxicity and diving with Nitrox?
Basically Trimix allows you to dive deeper by reducing the effects of O2 toxicity (if you have an hypoxic gas) and nitrogen narcosis.
We are working on an "Introduction to Trimix" online class that will explain all this things in details. We plan to have this class by June/July

For now, I suggest you take the online class for one of our Trimix dive computer (either the Predator or the HelO2) and look at the "Diving Trimix" section.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby dv » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 pm

eDiver wrote:
dv wrote:I want to try this, but know nothing about trimix. how do I equip my diver properly, and when do I switch gases?....

Are you a diver in real life?
Are you familiar with Nitrogen narcosis, Oxygen toxicity and diving with Nitrox?
Basically Trimix allows you to dive deeper by reducing the effects of O2 toxicity (if you have an hypoxic gas) and nitrogen narcosis.
We are working on an "Introduction to Trimix" online class that will explain all this things in details. We plan to have this class by June/July

For now, I suggest you take the online class for one of our Trimix dive computer (either the Predator or the HelO2) and look at the "Diving Trimix" section.

I am currently taking my PADI open water course, but I basically understand both oxygen toxicity and Nitrogen Narcosis, and thus, then need for Helium in the mix.

I will probably be continuing on the PADI route to Advanced OW, and perhaps trying out technical diving, but for now I have to satisfy my curiosity for it via eDiving. :)

Just wanted to prioritize my spending of bubble credits on the equipment for this deep dive. I guess I will need TechDoubles, some stage tanks, and a trimix computer.
dv

Postby oldiver » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Before you buy equipment you might not like, try Premium Service for a month or so. With Premium, you can use ANY and ALL equipment (including rebreather) and dive (no charge for air, nitrox, or trimix) anytime during that period. You automatically get 5 stars (allows you to dive deeper) and access to all dive sites free. With 5 stars, you actually EARN BC's each time you dive. You can't beat it.

Good luck on your real diving quals.
oldiver

Postby eDiver » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 pm

dv wrote:......I will probably be continuing on the PADI route to Advanced OW, and perhaps trying out technical diving, but for now I have to satisfy my curiosity for it via eDiving. :).

Very good ;)

dv wrote:......Just wanted to prioritize my spending of bubble credits on the equipment for this deep dive. I guess I will need TechDoubles, some stage tanks, and a trimix computer.

yes to all of the above (plus scooter, drysuit and the trimix loading monitor), but .... you could try out the Premium Service for a month ... so you can use ALL the gear we have in the sim
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 pm

oldiver wrote:Before you buy equipment you might not like, try Premium Service for a month.....

You beat me :D
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby dv » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:01 am

I am ultra premium (for 1 month) now! Do I keep my 5 star rating after the expiry?
dv

Postby eDiver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am

dv wrote:I am ultra premium (for 1 month) now! Do I keep my 5 star rating after the expiry?

No. When the premium membership expires you will go back to whatever level you have reached at the moment of expiration
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby dv » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 am

eDiver wrote:
dv wrote:I am ultra premium (for 1 month) now! Do I keep my 5 star rating after the expiry?

No. When the premium membership expires you will go back to whatever level you have reached at the moment of expiration

So if I log a bunch of deep dives this month I should be good I guess.
dv

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Dive Sites