Suunto Vyper Air Online C

Orientation 2 - Open Water

List of dive sites; old, new and in progress

Re: Orientation 2 - Open Water

Postby eDiver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Congratulations in completing the Orientation 1 site. It wasn't that difficult eh?
In the Pool you learned how to control your virtual diver: how to put the mask on, how to inflate/deflate the BCD (and your lungs too)how to kick (slow and fast), how to control the pitch of the diver and how to switch the view among the 3 cameras (in mask, third person, fixed camera)....... if you forgot already ..... just check out the ORIENTATION 1 - FORUM :-)

In this site you can practice what you have previously learned while checking out a real dive site: the Avalon underwater park located in the island of Santa Catalina, Southern California, Unites States of America.

Also, we will show you how to use the extra gear we just added to your diver. Keep in mind that if you want to use this extra gear outside this Orientation 2 site, you will have to buy it at our VIRTUAL STORE.

Before we descend, I suggest you use the same trick as in the Orientation 1 ... .... go back to the simulator and place it in "window mode" (press "ALT + ENTER" at the same time) then re-size the simulator window so it can fit in the screen next to your browser...... so you can see both this post and the simulator.

OK, let's descend ........ ooopss ....... I forgot to tell you that now you have a wetsuit (check yourself out using the 2nd camera), so you will have to adjust a bit your weights.

Ready? Go back to the simulator, descend and go to the Information Aid #2
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:16 pm

To see the map of a dive site press "M". With the simulator paused use your mouse to drag the map and reposition it where you want on the screen.
The map has 8 rows (A to H), 8 columns (1 to 8) and 64 quadrants .... from A1 to H8. Right now you are on the border between the quadrant D3 and E3.
Your objective is to locate information Aid #3 that is located in quadrant E5 at a depth of 55ft.
If you position the mouse in the quadrant E5 on the on the map, you will notice that in the top of the map there is a line showing: the distance from you to where the mouse is located, depth of water corresponding to mouse location and the heading you should follow to reach the point in the map from your current position.
Press "I" to un-pause the simulator and then press "C" to bring up the compass and press "K" to bring up the depth gauge. Again, you can pause the simulator and use your mouse to drag around both indicators and reposition them where you want on the screen.
Your diver has also a pressure gauge; press "P" to maximize it.
If you want to minimize the 3 gauges, press again the corresponding letters "C", "K" and "P".
Now, look at the compass and turn around until your heading is 68.
Swim in that direction following the bottom and look for the Information Aid #3
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Go to information Aid #4.
Use the map to locate quadrant D5, pick an heading and then use the compass to follow it.
If you see Bubble Credits ... pick them up; You can use them to purchase gear or re-fill your tank.
Press "F" to use your flashlight.

Press "O" to review your Objectives.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Use the contour map to locate quadrant E3. The anchor line is at a depth of ~35ft/~11m.
Keeps your eyes open for Bubble Credits and for lost gear. Quite often new divers loose some gear in this site.
If you find a piece of gear, it will show up in your garage next time you start the simulator.
You might also find "trinkets". Check the FORUM for more info on the trinkets.

You might have noticed that there are few California spiny lobsters in this site. Unfortunately you can not catch them in this site.
If You want to practice catching lobsters try out the LOBSTERS HUNTING GAME. You can have some fun while winning lots of Bubble Credits!
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Very good. You are almost done with the Orientation 2 site.
Now you need to make a safe ascent to the surface.
First make sure you are neutrally buoyant - do not lay down on the bottom. Then position the diver vertical and start swimming up while looking up.
Be ready to deflate the BCD to slow down your ascent .... and as soon as you reach the surface inflate fully the BCD so you do not drop down again.
You can also use your lungs to control your buoyancy: Press "-" to reduce the volume of your lungs and press "+" to increase it.

Also, remember to make a 3 minutes safety stop at 15ft/5mt.
If you ascend too fast and trigger the simulator violation, you will loose whatever you have found during your dive (Bubble Credits, gear, trinkets, ....). So, be very careful when you ascend.

See You at the surface.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Nice.
Let's review your dive together.
Go back to the simulator ascend to the surface and inflate your BCD to establish ample buoyancy. Then press ESCAPE, click on the "END DIVE" button and then click on "YES".
Now you should see the Dive Statistics screen.
Did you have any violation?
How many Bubble Credits have you found? There are LOTS of Bubble Credits hidden in this site?

If you click on the 4 icons on the top right portion of the window, you can see: dive path, temperature profile, depth profile and compartments saturation loading at the end of the dive.

Click either on the BACK or CONTINUE buttons.

Now you should have 1 full STAR and can now dive any site (but your depth limit is 60ft).

Congratulations !!!
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby kunduraci1995 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

If you do not mind me asking....how do i refill my tank? During/Not During diving? Thank you, Ediving ROCKS!!!
kunduraci1995

Postby amarshall » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 pm

kunduraci1995 said "If you do not mind me asking....how do i refill my tank? During/Not During diving? Thank you, Ediving ROCKS!!!"

Hi,

Try this forum topic- Forum Topic-How to Refill Tank

I hope this helps.

-AM
If you need help, just PM me (follow the arrow)----->

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."
-Jacques Yves Cousteau
amarshall

Postby eDiver » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:56 pm

kunduraci1995 said "..... Ediving ROCKS!!!"

Thank You :-)

Tell your friends about it !

AM

The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby amarshall » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm

eDiver said "kunduraci1995 said "..... Ediving ROCKS!!!"

Thank You :-)

Tell your friends about it !

AM

"

You can also show your support by joining the eDivingFanSite at www.eDivingFanSite.tk :-)
If you need help, just PM me (follow the arrow)----->

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."
-Jacques Yves Cousteau
amarshall

Next

Return to Virtual Dive Sites