Oceanic VT3 Online Class

TRIMIX

Post here your requests for new features you would like to see in the simulator

Re: TRIMIX

Postby predy » Sat May 09, 2009 10:13 am

cdiver said "Well,does Nitrox help you stay down longer and a little bit deeper?
I am only a open water dive in real life.
And how much will it cost,i cant imagine me buying enough bubble credits to buy a rebreather,and pay for mixed air."

you will not buying equipment forever....you will have bubble credits to do that
predy

Postby predy » Sat May 09, 2009 10:21 am

predy said "....... or like i said that we can create them how we want. They can look al the same but we can just put some parameters on our own, about 10 mixes ......."

One idea we have is to create a "fill station" that you can use to create fill your own tanks the way you want.
But to be able to buy the fill station you will need first to pass a test.
Air will be free, but there will be charges for Oxygen and Helium

This sounds nice

predy said "....... very very very deep dive site....."

How deep?

not now, when OC technical come, i was thinking about yollanda wreck

I think that this game some day when finished would have great success

i have a lot ideas for it

THANKS FOR EDIVING
predy

Postby rrhigh3 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 am

So I got my Titan, and I cant seem to get the mix to flow. I get a message saying I have a min of air in my lungs.
rrhigh3

Postby predy » Sun May 31, 2009 10:34 am

opem the valves, E than 2, with 1 2 3 4 open etc...learn a little bit
predy

Postby rmeglath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:24 pm

cdiver said "Well,does Nitrox help you stay down longer and a little bit deeper?
I am only a open water dive in real life.
And how much will it cost,i cant imagine me buying enough bubble credits to buy a rebreather,and pay for mixed air."

Nitrox alone (as opposed to advanced nitrox mixes [>40%] can be used to either increase the safety margin of a dive, i.e. you set your computer to air but dive a 32% mix - there are fewer inert gas molecules to ongas and offgas, or it is used to lengthen bottom time. Of course, you must not dive it deeper than the maximum operating depth, which is based upon the partial pressure of the mix as per
Dalton's Law. A prudent diver would not dive it deeper than 1.4 PPO2 (in recreational open circuit) and use the buffer between 1.4-1.6 for contingencies, but sadly not everybody believes in the dangers of CNS Oxygen Toxicity. Advanced nitrox mixes are used at deco stops to limit further ongassing in slow tissues and increase the efficiency of offgassing (by further reducing the amount of inert gas). For instance you may do a dive to 160 FSW with air as backgas/bottom mix and switch to a 50/50 mix (usually only trimix is denoted in such a manner, i.e. 50%O2 and 50%He however, for some reason %50O2 and %50N2 is frequently written as 50/50) at 70 FSW. It is also important to note that limiting oneself to a 1.4 PPO2 is for the working part of the dive; it is acceptable to breathe a PPO2 of up to 1.6 whilst decompressing as your movement and exertion are limited and thus one is less susceptible to toxing. Switching to this higher PPO2 mixture will cut deco time roughly in half when compared to deco on air. If you have a closed circuit rebreather you do not need to buy mixed nitrox; you have a tank filled with 100% (well close to that, to get true %100 you would need to create a vacuum on the tank and then add %100 pure O2) and a diluent (in this case air) and the rebreather does the mixing for you. This further decreases your deco obligation because you spend the whole dive diving a dynamic mix that keeps a pseudo constant PPO2 the duration of the dive. It is also important to note that due to the duration of rebreather diving and the prolonged exposure to elevated PPO2 you should not dive a CCR at a PPO2 of higher than 1.3, when I dive my rEvo in the real world I try to keep it to around 1.2)

Ryan
rmeglath

Postby cdiver » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:02 am

wow
Now off to bigger and better things.
cdiver

Postby eDiver » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 am

rmeglath said "Nitrox alone (as opposed to advanced nitrox mixes [>40%] ...........................
Ryan"

i am glad we have an expert on board

The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby impulse » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Red Sea/Dahab/Blue Hole. This site would be great to dive on ediving.

How the works about adding trimix to ediving goes?
impulse

Postby manevin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Whats the status on Tri-mix computer. im dying to take my doubles deeper and longer.

Also what mixes have people been using for their deepest OC dives, being were limited to Nitrox.
manevin

Postby eDiver » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:39 pm

manevin said "Whats the status on Tri-mix computer. im dying to take my doubles deeper and longer. ... "

use tables .... if you do not equip the diver with a dive computer, you can then have trimix in the tanks

The DiveNav Team
eDiver

PreviousNext

Return to New Features