Suunto D9 Online Class

How do I replace the Oxygen sensor?

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I replace the Oxygen sensor?

Postby eDiver » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Q: My SMART Analyzer tells me that I need to replace the O2 sensor. How do I do that?
A: The life of an Oxygen sensor is difficult to estimate as it might be affected by several factors such as usage, exposure to a gas with high content of Oxygen, temperature, humidity .....
Also, an Oxygen sensor does not die immediately but slowly degrades over time.

We recommend to replace the factory installed Oxygen sensor every 12 months. But, if you are in the middle of a dive trip you can simply extend the life of the sensor for a few days either via the SMART analyzer User Interface (available in Nitroxbuddy2 and cootwo shipped after May 1st, 2017) or via the My Nitroxbuddy app.

To physically replace the Oxygen sensor first you need to purchase a new Oxygen sensor. You can order one from our online store HERE.

Once you have a new O2 sensor you need to open your SMART Analyzer by removing the 3 screws on the back, then unplug the old O2 sensor from the red & black cable and connect the cable to the new O2 sensor. Then position the O2 sensor in its groove and close back your Smart Analyzer (see this video for an example - the video is for Nitroxbuddy, but the procedure applies also to cootwo and Nitroxbuddy2).

Now, you need to set the life of the new Oxygen sensor.
If you have a cootwo shipped after May 1st, 2017 or a Nitroxbuddy2, you can set the life of the O2 sensor either by using the My Nitroxbuddy app or in stand-alone mode.
If you have a cootwo shipped before May 1st, 2017 you can set the life of the O2 sensor only by using the My Nitroxbuddy app.
To set the life of the Oxygen sensor using the App, first connect to your SMART Analyzer, then tap on the Device Settings and the tap on Status.
Once in the Status screen tap on Replace O2 Sensor and follow instructions.
To set the life of the Oxygen sensor in stand-alone mode, please read the user manual.

Please note that it is YOUR responsibility to set the sensor life correctly. The SMART Analyzer only provides you a reminder but it has absolutely no knowledge if the lifetime you entered is correct for the O2 sensor you are using.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Return to FAQ