D4 Online Class

Scientific Diver for iPad - Beta Testing

Forum dedicated to the Scientific Diver App

Postby eDiver » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am

I am glad to report that we are now ready to accept beta testers for our new Scientific Diver app for iPad.
Scientific Diver transforms an iPad in a powerful tool that facilitates surveying activities of Scientific Divers.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

In order to use the Scientific Diver app you will need an iPad (3 or newer), an iDive Housing and the Smart Dive Buddy for iPad kit.

With the Scientific Diver app you can easily create and store customized types of survey so you can optimize them for the proper task.

While underwater, the Scientific Diver app makes counting species a very simple task; no more struggling with pen and slate and trying to remember the code name for a specific fish. Now just tap on the image of the fish you want to count and the app will take care of the rest.

At the end of the dive, you will be able to graphically review the results of your survey and even export it in a .csv file. Instant gratification ;)

BETA TESTING PROGRAM

In order to become a beta tester you must:
    own a supported iPad
    own an iDive Housing
    purchase a Smart Dive Buddy for iPad kit.
    have an account with us (if you do not have one already click here)
    sign our NDA and Beta Tester agreement
You can purchase a Smart Dive Buddy for iPad kit directly from our online store here at the special beta tester price of $149.99 (saving $40 from MSRP).

Once you have purchased the Smart Dive Buddy for iPad kit we will send you NDA and Beta Tester agreement for you to review and sign.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Re: Scientific Diver for iPad - Beta Testing

Postby ltcmiller » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:57 pm

I have signed the NDA and have purchased and received my SDB for the IPAD and IPhone. Am testing the phone tomorrow for first time. How do I get the scientific ap to download to the IPAD? Same as for IPhone with TestFlight?
ltcmiller

Re: Scientific Diver for iPad - Beta Testing

Postby eDiver » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:15 am

ltcmiller wrote:....How do I get the scientific ap to download to the IPAD? Same as for IPhone with TestFlight?

Yes, the Scientific Diver App is still in development and as such is available only via TestFlight.
By now you should have received an email from Apple inviting you to test the SD app.

We are working on an online tutorial for the SD app. See this forum

Lastly, please note that we are working on a new version of the Smart Dive Computer app that will run also on the iPad (and the indicators will be gigantic). We expect to release it to beta testers next week and to the general public by early April.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby eDiver » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:50 am

Beta testing is concluded.

The Scientific Diver app for iPad is now available on the App store HERE
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Return to Scientific Diver for iPad