ScubaPro Aladin 2G Online

Bluebuddy usefull? Shallow dives - not exporteble

Wireless Dive Logger using Bluetooth 4.0 low energy technology

Bluebuddy usefull? Shallow dives - not exporteble

Postby nimitz_be » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 am

Hi,

I bougth the Bluebuddy because I looked interseting and wanted better and easier logging than my suunto Zoop provides.

The Bluebuddy is logging every 2 second depth and temp is very nice but when the last minutes of the dive is in shallow water it create a lot of new logs. Even when I setup that the minimum dive times is 15 min and min surface interval 10 min. So when I download the dive for making the record in my Logbook I can't do it with the Bluebuudy because I have 3 or more dives logged for 1 real Dive.

The other point is that I can't export the Data to my favorit Logging program. MyBluebuddy on the phone is nice but I like to log my dives using MacDive on the computer.

So I don't know what to do with it :o
AOW - Suunto Zoop - BlueBuddy
nimitz_be

Re: Bluebuddy usefull? Shallow dives - not exporteble

Postby eDiver » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 am

nimitz_be wrote:.......The Bluebuddy is logging every 2 second depth and temp is very nice but when the last minutes of the dive is in shallow water it create a lot of new logs. .....

Did you try increasing the minimum depth?

To export dives first synch them with our divePAL cloud, then use divePAL Windows and export them in DL7 format (Advanced license is required).
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby nimitz_be » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:43 am

eDiver wrote:
nimitz_be wrote:.......The Bluebuddy is logging every 2 second depth and temp is very nice but when the last minutes of the dive is in shallow water it create a lot of new logs. .....

Did you try increasing the minimum depth?

I will try it but I am afraid that it will impact my dives in the beginning.
The problems is that here in Belgium (Europe) we do almost all our dive from shore and the begin of the dive is often shallow. So I can't increase it to much.
The point is that the Bluebuddy should not create a new dive if the minimum Surface interval is reached.
I'll understand that this is not so easy to fix because it is in the BB firmware. A walk around would be that the MyBluebuddy software will correct that one by merging dives if the minimum surface time is not reach. This will be transparent for the user.

eDiver wrote:To export dives first synch them with our divePAL cloud, then use divePAL Windows and export them in DL7 format (Advanced license is required).

I will buy the Advanced license and try this out.

Thank's for all Alberto.
nimitz_be

Postby eDiver » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 am

nimitz_be wrote:......The point is that the Bluebuddy should not create a new dive if the minimum Surface interval is reached......
I'll understand that this is not so easy to fix because it is in the BB firmware.........

The max length of the minimum surface interval in the device is 600 seconds. Would that be enough?
I just noticed that the current version of the App limits the min surface interval to 60 seconds ..... will fix that in the next release of the App.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby nimitz_be » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:34 am

The export work with divePAL.
But I see that the temperature data is not exported! Is there a solution to have also the temp data or is not?

Edit: I looked in divePAL and the temp date is not imported from the cloud!
nimitz_be

Postby eDiver » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:43 am

nimitz_be wrote:..... I looked in divePAL and the temp date is not imported from the cloud!

could you be more specific?
I am looking at one of your logs right now (De Nekker) and I can see the temperature profile just fine.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby nimitz_be » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 am

When I look on divePAL windows 7enterprise running as administrator, I don't have the temp profile.
The temp profile is empty or 0.
The air temp and min Temp are ok.

As result when I export, there is no temp profile.
I can sent the dl7 file to you next week is you like.
nimitz_be

Postby eDiver » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:35 am

nimitz_be wrote:When I look on divePAL windows 7enterprise running as administrator, I don't have the temp profile. .

Post here image of what you see
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Return to bluebuddy