Suunto D6 Online Class

Unable to buy watershot advanced camera license

Forum dedicated to the Watershot Apps (both iOS and Android)

Unable to buy watershot advanced camera license

Postby akshata » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:57 am

Hello,

I've been trying to buy the watershot advanced camera license through the watershot app itself, but keep getting a message "count not connect". Is there any other way I can buy this license? I know my account works as I've logged in through the website and such, but for some reason I am unable to purchase it . Please help, I'd really like to unlock the advanced features. I have a watershot for iPhone SE/5s.

Thanks,
Akshata
akshata

Re: Unable to buy watershot advanced camera license

Postby mancesco » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 am

The only place where that error should show up is in the login screen, if it's unable to access the server. Could you please provide a screenshot?

Thank you

akshata wrote:Hello,

I've been trying to buy the watershot advanced camera license through the watershot app itself, but keep getting a message "count not connect". Is there any other way I can buy this license? I know my account works as I've logged in through the website and such, but for some reason I am unable to purchase it . Please help, I'd really like to unlock the advanced features. I have a watershot for iPhone SE/5s.

Thanks,
Akshata
mancesco

Postby akshata » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:33 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Here is the screenshot. I've been trying non stop.

Akshata
Attachments
IMG_3407.PNG
IMG_3407.PNG (71.17 KiB) Viewed 7790 times
akshata

Postby mancesco » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:19 am

I notice you're using 3G to attempt to connect, does this happen over wifi as well? (It may be that the connection is timing out due to the slow speeds of 3G)
mancesco

Postby akshata » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:20 am

Yes, it's been happening over wifi too. Is there any way to buy it that isn't through the app itself?
akshata

Postby mancesco » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:31 am

No you can only buy the camera license through the app, but even if you were able to buy it through our online store, that wouldn't help you as your problem seems to be with logging in. I will look into why you might be having this issue but I'm unable to reproduce the problem on my end, nor have we received any other reports of users having this issue so it may be tough to debug

akshata wrote:Yes, it's been happening over wifi too. Is there any way to buy it that isn't through the app itself?
mancesco

Postby mancesco » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:42 am

Actually it just occurred to me that you do not need to be logged in in order to buy the advanced camera license. Have you tried purchasing it without logging in? First, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed, then open the settings menu and tap on Licenses and then on Advanced Camera License. Then hit on the Buy button and you will be presented with a login screen, but on that screen you will see the option to "Continue without logging in". Press that and you will be able to purchase the license bypassing the log in. (Purchasing the license without logging in means the license is tied to that device only instead of being able to share it across other devices, but that may be a good option in your case). I'll still look into why you are having issues logging in, but let me know if you are able to purchase the license without logging in.
mancesco

Return to Watershot Apps