Suunto D9 Online Class

App Crash When Entering License

Sub-forum dedicated to the iPad version of divePAL

App Crash When Entering License

Postby stratmoen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:38 pm

I just purchased a tech license via your web site and subsequent entered my credentials in the iPad application. Immediately after tapping the login button the application crashes.

My sense is that if I did an in app purchase this would not have occurred given these is no testing of the login path through the software. Notable is that I just found another posting about this problem from months ago from another user where there was no resolution posted.

Note the version of the software is the most current iPad version distributed via iTunes, running on an iPad mini retina.

Do you want to refund my purchase to I can do an in app purchase or fix the software? Sigh.
stratmoen

Re: App Crash When Entering License

Postby mancesco » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:11 pm

I've so far been unable to reproduce the issue on my end, which makes figuring out where the problem is difficult.

Just to be clear, were you able to login to the app fine before purchasing the license through the website?
mancesco

Postby stratmoen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Yes.

When incorrect credentials are entered the app does not crash. Note this is apparently similar to the report from six months ago where the thread ended with no response from your company.

Given you can't reproduce this problem I have a solution. Refund the purchase. In fact I created a claim on paypal based upon the inability to deliver.
stratmoen

Postby eDiver » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:16 am

stratmoen wrote:.....When incorrect credentials are entered the app does not crash. Note this is apparently similar to the report from six months ago where the thread ended with no response from your company.

Given you can't reproduce this problem I have a solution. Refund the purchase. In fact I created a claim on paypal based upon the inability to deliver.

We have thousands of users using this App with no problems.
There has to be some specific with your account.
Opening a claim on PayPal is not the way to fix the problem.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby mancesco » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 pm

A couple of points, if you're still willing to help us debug this.

First, in case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM/email a few days ago but haven't heard back, if you can, please check it.

Secondly, I've been able to find a crash related to the login but I' not sure that it's the same problem you're having. This particular crash would only occur if you attempt to login directly from the License selection screen, it wouldn't happen if you attempt to login in from anywhere else.

So, just to make sure, have you tried logging in from the main Log tab of the app (by tapping the unlock icon in the top right corner)? If the login works there, then you are in fact running into the aforementioned bug, and that will be fixed in the next version (but in the meantime, you can continue to log in from the Log tab).

If the login also crashes when trying to log in from the Log tab, then it's a different issue, however, have you also tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and then logging in (again, from the Log tab)?

Thank you

stratmoen wrote:Yes.

When incorrect credentials are entered the app does not crash. Note this is apparently similar to the report from six months ago where the thread ended with no response from your company.

mancesco

Return to divePAL for iPad