Suunto HelO2 Online Class

divePAL iPad - Online Help

Sub-forum dedicated to the iPad version of divePAL

divePAL iPad - Online Help

Postby eDiver » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Welcome to the iPad version of divePAL.

Please note that in order to use divePAL-iPad you need to have an account (free) with us.
If you do not have an account yet, you can create one HERE.

Before you can start using divePAL you must accept our liability release.
The key point is that the decompression algorithm we have implemented in divePAL could be SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT from the decompression algorithm of your model-specifc dive computer, so, in real life use your dive computer.

The first time you use divePAL, the only button enabled in the MAIN SCREEN is the Plan button.

Tap the Plan button to start planning a dive.
(Note that the default measurement system is IMPERIAL. To change the measurement system click on the settings button Image to access the Settings menu).
To plan a dive, first enter the maximum depth and the maximum dive time for the dive, then tap the Draw a Dive Plan button. (Note that for the Basic version the maximum depth is 40m/130ft and the maximum time is 60 minutes).
In this screen you can also enter the type of tank you are planning to use; divePAL uses this information - along your Surface Air Consumption value - to estimate your Air Time Remaining and Tank Pressure values during the dive.

Now you are in the DRAWING SCREEN.
The grid in the image in background has been dimensioned with the maximum depth (vertical axis) and dive time (horizontal axis) you entered earlier. Use your finger to define points of your dive profile and then tap the Analyze Dive button to move to the analyze screen.

Tap on any point in the analyze screen to move your dive around along the dive profile curve.
In addition to the dive profile, this screen also contains 4 other - color coded - curves: No Deco Time, Nitrogen Loading, Air Time Remaining and Tank Pressure.
To show/hide a specific curve just tap on its name in the DETAILS window (top / left corner of the screen).

You can use the bottom/left corner of the screen to either show a dive computer in action during the dive or the nitrogen loading by compartments.
You can customize divePAL with model-specific dive computers via In-App Purchase. See list of supported dive computers.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Re: divePAL iPad - Online Help

Postby fabioe » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:57 pm

How do I import my dives from my oceanic pro dive computer.
fabioe

Postby eDiver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:07 pm

fabioe wrote:How do I import my dives from my oceanic pro dive computer.

Right now the only way is to import them first with Oceanlog and then export them in DL7 format.
Next month we should have a new release of divePAL that will import directly from the computer
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby lrpink » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Do you plan to release a version of divePAL for iPad that supports nitrox?
lrpink

Postby eDiver » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:04 pm

lrpink wrote:Do you plan to release a version of divePAL for iPad that supports nitrox?

yes. In a couple of weeks ;)
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Return to divePAL for iPad