D4 Online Class

Is there a lag between completing dives and the star system?

Is there a lag between completing dives and the star system?

Postby joegilmore » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 pm

ALoha!

Interesting program. I dive as part of my job. I looked at the depth restrictions and have completed all of them down to the 165' authorization. I have completed many dives (and have more than 10 without any ascent violations or other errors) to 133' or deeper (granted, most were to 136') and when it didn't click at 10+, I decided to bust the 165' limitation for a couple getting back to 164 within the warning time limit. Still no 5th star love. Is there like a 2 or 3 day lag or something? Also, where do I buy the tech plaque to toss in the garage?

Thanks for a very interesting program!!! I could see where it could be useful at the major University for which I work. The University typically pumps out around 24± scientific divers a year (Naui all to Master Diver, then the AAUS cert). Let me know what's going on with the star issue!

Thanks!
Joe
joegilmore

Re: Is there a lag between completing dives and the star sys

Postby joegilmore » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Aloha again!

Just kept busting the 165' authorization, climbing back before the timer expired, and now have the 5th (WHOOO-HOOO!! :) ). Could you (at your leisure, of course) just look at my dives and let me know what I did wrong or if there was some kind of issue (i.e. by greater than 133' we actually mean you have to go greater than 135' or 41m? I imagine for most people that would be highly frustrating and it's at the critical point in the progression where their bubble credits are getting really low. Like I said, I work for a University and most of our divers are students (read really poor! :) ). I'm staff so I could choke up some bucks if needed. Probably will just so my diver looks like me. :)

Thanks again!!!!
joegilmore

Postby eDiver » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 am

joegilmore wrote:.....Is there a lag between completing dives and the star system?.....

No. The star system is automatic and progression depends on a mix of number of dives, minimum depths, dive times and violations.
For people that wants results immediately we recommend they purchase the premium service so they can get all the stars and all gear right away ;)

joegilmore wrote:...... where do I buy the tech plaque to toss in the garage?....

The only way to purchase the tech plaque is within the simulator: Go to the Equipment menu, click on the right arrow (bottom right cell), click on the "trinkets" icon (the one below the "+" icon) then click on "shop".
Or .... get the Premium Service

joegilmore wrote:........Thanks for a very interesting program!!! ....

Thank YOU for the kind note. You made my day ;)

joegilmore wrote:........I could see where it could be useful at the major University for which I work. The University typically pumps out around 24± scientific divers a year (Naui all to Master Diver, then the AAUS cert). ......

Interesting ..... Which University?
We are just developing a new very interesting tool for Diving Safety Officers in collaboration with USC maybe your University could be interested too.
If you have an iPhone check out our new DSOpal App. (Android version will be available in a couple of weeks)
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Postby joegilmore » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks for the kind response and VERY helpful answers! I work for an organization within the University of Hawaii called PacIOOS (Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System). We are a federal instrumentality and associated with the School of Ocean and Earth Sciences, NOAA, and MANY others. :) I'm an Information Technology SCUBA diver for PacIOOS. BEST JOB IN THE WORLD! :)

Thanks again. Going to purchase my plaque today! :) Thanks again for the kind response and info!

Joe
joegilmore

Return to Complaints, Complainers and Thank You Notes