Oceanic OC1 Online Class

Computers in the Classroom program

Forum dedicated to the "Computers in the Classroom" program

Computers in the Classroom program

Postby eDiver » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 pm

The Computers in the Classroom is a new program we are developing in collaboration with several manufacturers and agencies.

This program has two major objectives:
- Promote the use of dive computers by new divers
- teach students how to use the model-specific dive computer they will use during their Open Water Course

This program includes a customized webpage that binds together retailer, manufacturer and agency.

We are currently beta testing this new program with few selected retailers.

If you are a dive store and are using (or planning to use) a dive computer during OW courses and would like to join this program, drop me a PM.
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Re: Computers in the Classroom program

Postby mustbgf » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 am

I am an active PADI Scuba Instructor (#235358) working for Charleston Scuba (PADI 5-STAR Store #1605) who is looking for a better tool to introduce computer training into the classroom. The owners are very much interested but are not too tech savvy.

I like this app and would like to show how it works when we teach use of dive computers. I would like to demo some of the computers we rent/sell in our store and how the dive computer specific app works. I'd very much like this to be shown on our big screen (attached to laptop, not on the web) during class and not just on my phone. Is there any way I can do this? If so, how? I appreciate your response, thank you

V/r
Gary Finka
mustbgf

Re: Computers in the Classroom program

Postby eDiver » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:50 am

Hi Gary,
which product are you referring to? Our simulators ? Or our online classes?

As a PADI instructor you might want to know that we have a collaboration with PADI and they are using our divePAL program in their new OW course.

Please see this link
The DiveNav Team
eDiver

Return to Computers in the Classroom